- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of fresh green peas
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup of fresh mint leaves
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
Calories: 120 per serving
Fiber: 6g per serving
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onions, minced garlic, and sauté until the onions are translucent for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the green peas and continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, until the peas are bright green.
- Add the vegetable broth and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low and let the soup simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and let the soup cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the fresh mint leaves to the soup and blend the mixture using a hand blender until it is smooth and creamy.
- Return the soup to the saucepan and heat it over low heat until it is hot.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the green pea and mint soup in bowls, garnished with additional mint leaves and a drizzle of olive oil, if desired.
- Green peas are a rich source of fiber, protein, and antioxidants, making them a nutritious addition to your diet.
- The fiber in green peas helps keep you full and satisfied, preventing overeating and aiding in weight management.
- Green peas contain vitamins C and K, essential for a healthy immune system and strong bones.
- The combination of green peas and mint in this soup provides a fresh, bright flavor that will surely hit your taste buds.
- This soup is also low in calories and fat, making it a great choice for those watching their weight or seeking a healthier lifestyle.
In conclusion, green peas and mint soup are delicious and nutritious meals with various health benefits. Whether you want to add more fiber and protein to your diet or enjoy a flavorful and healthy soup, this recipe is a great option.